No matter how many hours children spend in child care, we know that family is the most important structure in their lives. Like all Y programs, child care is open to all, with financial aid available. YMCA Preschool Staff work in partnership with parents to help kids grow up healthy, happy and strong. We’d love to meet you and show you around our Early Childhood Learning Center.
Our curriculum is based on the Y’s Creative Curriculum. We encourage your child to explore, ask questions, to be creative, and to make choices and decisions. We offer an environment in which your child feels secure to practice social skills and to learn to solve conflicts constructively.
CURRICULUM INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Social Studies
- Healthy Habits
- Social, Moral and Spiritual Development
Fees, Locations, and Hours
Upon registration, families are required to pay an annual $50 non-refundable registration fee. After you have registered for the preschool, families pay a monthly flat rate. All payments must be paid in full 5th of the month. Like all Y programs, the Early Childhood Learning Center is open to everyone; we accept DSHS payments.
Full-Time Care Only
Ages 2.5-3 – $800 per month
Ages 4-5 – $750 per month
Rates include breakfast and two snacks.
Richland YMCA Preschool:
Monday through Friday 6:45am-6pm
1234 Columbia Park Trail, Richland WA 99352
Kennewick YMCA Preschool:
Monday through Friday 7am-6pm
741 S. Dayton Street, Kennewick WA 99336
Steps to Registering
- Call our office at 374-1908 to check for availability.
- Schedule a tour and plan to bring your preschooler with you.
- Once you have all your questions answered and we have gotten to know your preschooler, enrollment takes place at the YMCA office.
What you will need with you to register:
- Insurance/Medical Cards
- Child(ren)’s physician, name and contact number
- Emergency contact information (other than parent/guardian)
- State Immunization Records (required) to have all filled out before you come to register. The State of Washington just published a new version of the Immunization Records form. As of July, 2011, all Immunization records from older forms will have to be transferred to the new form. Please download the newest version above.
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of persons authorized to pick up your child(ren) from child care site
- DSHS Families: Pre-authorization paper work is required at time of registration
- * Call the YMCA office to find out program site provider number (required by DSHS)
* Work with DSHS to become authorized
* Contact the YMCA to confirm we’ve received your pre-authorization paperwork needed to register
Financial Assistance Funding made possible by generous donors to the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities.
The State of Washington has mandated that licensed Child Care providers track attendance electronically. Our YMCA's school age child care, preschool and camp sites are now using KidKiosk to keep attendance for electronic Sign in/out. With KidKiosk you will be able to sign your child in/out of the YMCA program. You will also be able to add/remove Drop off and Pick up Authorizations through KidKiosk.
- All authorized individuals will be issued a 4-digit PIN. This PIN is specifically linked to each person’s email. ALL authorized persons dropping off AND picking up will be responsible for using their own PIN and electronic signature to check a child IN and OUT. This PIN may not be shared.
KidKiosk Parent Portal
- Only the primary parent/guardian’s email is authorized to log into KidKiosk’s Parent Portal using their email as the username and the 4-digit PIN as the password. To access the Parent Portal, go to KidKiosk.com then select the “Parent Tab” to log in.
- The Parent Portal allows the parent to add/change check in and out authorizations. Any additional people that are needing to be authorized to check in/out a child will have to be added by the primary parent/guardian in KidKiosk.
For more assistance on navigating KidKiosk, please click here
What does it mean to be the primary parent/guardian?
- The primary parent/guardian will have access to WebTime and KidKiosk. Only the primary parent/guardian’s email will be used to log into and access these programs.
- The primary and secondary parent/guardian will receive notification emails when another authorized person checks a child in and out.
- If parents are co-parenting, we recommend using a primary email that both parents have access to. Please keep in mind that the secondary parent/guardian must have their own email to receive their own personalized PIN.
What does it mean to be the secondary parent/guardian?
- The secondary parent/guardian will be able to access WebTime BUT ONLY if the primary parent share’s their account log in information.
- The secondary parent/guardian will be added to KidKiosk and receive their personalized PIN via the email they provided during registration.
- The secondary parent/guardian will receive notification emails when another authorized person checks a child in and out.
If you cannot afford the full cost of a program, please ask for a confidential scholarship application. Financial assistance, to the extent possible, is available to those in need.
DSHS Subsidies: Full time DSHS subsidies are accepted. DSHS approval, completed camp registration packet, including Camp Attendance Agreement are required for registration and participation.
Financial Assistance Funding made possible by generous donations to the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities Annual Campaign and support by the United Way of Benton-Franklin Counties.
Stay informed of what is happening at our YMCA and community as well as letting you know of upcoming events.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.