SCHOOL-AGE CHILD CARE
The YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities is proud to offer the School-Age Child Care (before & after school) program, to youth in our community in kindergarten through 5th grade. All of our child care sites are licensed by the State of Washington and accept state subsidy (DSHS) payments.
With the announcement from Kennewick School District (KSD) choosing to transition to in person learning starting Wednesday, April 21st, the YMCA is now registering for that program! Before and after school for the YMCA will be hosted at 9 elementary schools, which are indicated below. If your child’s school is not listed as a location, it means that they will be bussed by KSD transportation to their school location, both before and after school.
KSD also indicated that on Monday and Tuesday April 19th and 20th, they will be doing teacher training days. With this happening, the YMCA will operate at our combined site locations of Ridge View, Amon Creek, Southgate and Lincoln. These are also indicated below.
We appreciate your continued patience and flexibility with all of our staff team as we have navigated many transitions in this 2020-2021 school year. Your support to the YMCA is cherished. As always, if you have any questions, please contact our office and our YMCA staff team will assist you.
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION
Ensuring children are safe from abuse and able to learn, grow and thrive is the highest priority of the YMCA. We are committed to creating programs that protect children from abuse, but we are also committed to providing our families and community with information to keep kids safe everywhere. Learn more about here
Reporting Suspected Abuse
Full Time Learning School-Age Child Care Program Sites 2020/2021:
Space is limited. Please call 509-374-1908 for availability
The sites listed below will host AM/PM Child Care
Amon Creek Elementary*
Canyon View Elementary
Ridge View Elementary*
Sage Crest Elementary
*will be shuttled to and from a host site
If your child's school does not offer AM/PM Care, there is the option of having your child shuttled to their child care site to their school in the AM and from their school to their child care site in the PM.
Amon Creek Shuttle:
Edison & Vista
Ridge View Shuttle:
Amistad, Cascade, Eastgate, & Westgate
No School - Combined Sites
The following schools will host care on No-School Days for the schools listed below the host site.
We offer a variety of program options in order to accommodate different family schedules. Families are required to pay an annual $50 non-refundable registration fee/child, and a full month’s tuition payment due at the time of registration. Like all Y programs, Child Care is open to everyone; we accept DSHS payments and financial assistance is available to the extent possible thanks to the YMCA Annual Campaign.
Full-Time (13+ Days Per Month)
|AM & PM||$360/month|
Part-Time (12 or Less Days Per Month)
|AM & PM||$280/month|
1 Day Per Week
The new Registration Packet for the 2020-2021 school year is available below.
If you have questions please feel free to contact us by calling 509-374-1908 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current School-Age Child Care families: Spring Break, Winter Break and Summer Break Programs require separate registration and payment prior to participation. Registration information is generally available the month prior to all Break programs.
if you are unable to submit registration via email or fax, schedule an appointment for in-office registration. When Submitting Registration via email or fax It can take up to two business days to process. please submit at least two days before your need your child to attend.
Required Registration Forms:
The State of Washington has mandated that licensed Child Care providers track attendance electronically. Our YMCA's school age child care, preschool and camp sites are now using KidKiosk to keep attendance for electronic Sign in/out. With KidKiosk you will be able to sign your child in/out of the YMCA program. You will also be able to add/remove Drop off and Pick up Authorizations through KidKiosk.
- All authorized individuals will be issued a 4-digit PIN. This PIN is specifically linked to each person’s email. ALL authorized persons dropping off AND picking up will be responsible for using their own PIN and electronic signature to check a child IN and OUT. This PIN may not be shared.
KidKiosk Parent Portal
- Only the primary parent/guardian’s email is authorized to log into KidKiosk’s Parent Portal using their email as the username and the 4-digit PIN as the password. To access the Parent Portal, go to KidKiosk.com then select the “Parent Tab” to log in.
- The Parent Portal allows the parent to add/change check in and out authorizations. Any additional people that are needing to be authorized to check in/out a child will have to be added by the primary parent/guardian in KidKiosk.
For more assistance on navigating KidKiosk, please click here
What does it mean to be the primary parent/guardian?
- The primary parent/guardian will have access to WebTime and KidKiosk. Only the primary parent/guardian’s email will be used to log into and access these programs.
- The primary and secondary parent/guardian will receive notification emails when another authorized person checks a child in and out.
- If parents are co-parenting, we recommend using a primary email that both parents have access to. Please keep in mind that the secondary parent/guardian must have their own email to receive their own personalized PIN.
What does it mean to be the secondary parent/guardian?
- The secondary parent/guardian will be able to access WebTime BUT ONLY if the primary parent share’s their account log in information.
- The secondary parent/guardian will be added to KidKiosk and receive their personalized PIN via the email they provided during registration.
- The secondary parent/guardian will receive notification emails when another authorized person checks a child in and out.
If you cannot afford the full cost of a program, please ask for a confidential scholarship application. Financial assistance, to the extent possible, is available to those in need.
DSHS Subsidies: Full time DSHS subsidies are accepted. DSHS approval, completed camp registration packet, including Camp Attendance Agreement are required for registration and participation.
Financial Assistance Funding made possible by generous donations to the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities Annual Campaign and support by the United Way of Benton-Franklin Counties.
|School Age Child Care||Program Contact Numbers:|
|Amon Creek Elementary||509.947.3830|
|Canyon View Elementary||509.947.5764|
|Ridge View Elementary||509.948.5513|
|Sage Crest Elementary||509.947.7553|
|Sunset View Elementary||509.948.5639|
Looking for your Year-end Tax Statement?
Statements were emailed the second week of January, if you can’t find it, you can download your statement from our Webtime system. Accessing Tax Statement From Webtime:
Log in to your existing Webtime account, please do not create a new account. If you are unsure about your account or password, give the Y office a call (374-1908) or simply click on “Forgot Password” to receive an email with your password.
Once logged in, click on “My Programs and Balances” then you will find a button on the right corner above your balance that says “Family Tax Statement”. If you do not see this button please call our office for further assistance.
Stay informed of what is happening at our YMCA and community as well as letting you know of upcoming events.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.