Volunteers in the community greatly support the YMCA. Volunteers play an active role on the Board of Trustees, in committees and fundraising, as coaches, at family events and as program support.
Candidates must demonstrate the values caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in their daily lives. Our compensation package includes smiles, learning, growth, fulfillment, and being part of a fantastic organization!
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and requirements have changed
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a national background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to register to coach:
- Login to your playerspace account
- don’t have one set up? Go to playerspace.com to create your account
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check
- Heads Up Concussion Video
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports and will only need to register to coach each season by logging in to your playerspace account and selecting the sport you wish to coach. There may be additional information needed (ie age division, game field etc) for each sport to assure you get assigned to the correct team.
Your involvement as a volunteer is greatly appreciated and is an integral part in the success of all our great programs and events!
If you’d like to get involved, please email us and let us know what program you are interested in volunteering for.
If you are interested in volunteering in our School-Age Child Care Department, Camps or Early Childhood Learning Centers, you must undergo the same background checks and meet the same requirements as a staff person in that department. This is due to Washington State Licensing rules.
Stay informed of what is happening at our YMCA and community as well as letting you know of upcoming events.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.