PASCO YMCA FÚTBOL
Then this may be the soccer league for you! For the more experienced and competitive players, the Pasco YMCA offers soccer programs for youth ages 6-14. Divisions U8, U10, U12 & U14. The coaches, the majority of whom speak primarily Spanish, form their own teams. Is your child not on a team? You can still register your child; your child may be placed on a team on a space-available basis. Or you can form your own team!
YMCA Return To Play
The YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities wants to help children get outside and get active though sports and we are excited to be able to bring sports back to our community. While our sports and seasons might look a little different our mission to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all still stands. As we navigate changes and guidelines set by the State, we want you to know we are working hard to ensure that all our participants, families, staff and volunteers stay safe in our programs.
Per the State of Washington Guidelines:
Players and Coaches: While actively playing or training for or coaching, indoor sports in a K-12, recreational setting masks are not required to be worn. This exception does not apply while the athlete or coach is not actively engaged in the sporting or coaching activity.
Spectators: While in the Pasco Y facilities, all spectators and YMCA staff are required to wear a mask.
Winter Indoor Soccer
January 8-March 19
November 29-January 7
Spring Outdoor Soccer
April 24-June 26
March 15-April 30
Fall Indoor Soccer
2021 Season- canceled
September 11-November 20
August 2-September 17
WINTER INDOOR SOCCER SEASON | JANUARY 8-MARCH 19, 2022
November 29-December 20 | $95
December 21-January 7 | $100* (includes $5 late fee)
Age Divisions | 2022 Soccer Season
|U8||2014 and 2015|
|U10||2012 and 2013|
|U12||2010 and 2011|
|U14||2008 and 2009|
We request that you register online. For help or questions please contact us at 374-1908
Please Note: When registering online you will be required to enter in your coach's first and last name. If you do not have a team, you need to enter "waitlist" in the coach section. Those wait-listed will be contacted if a space becomes available on a team.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and requirements have changed
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a criminal background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to register to coach:
- Go to ymcatricities.playerspace.com
- Click "Volunteer to Coach"
- Read page then click yellow box "Become a Volunteer Coach"
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check*
- Heads Up Concussion Video*
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers*
- Volunteer form specific to the sport and season you are volunteering for
*must be completed every 2 years.
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call us 509-374-1908 to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports and will only need to register to coach each season by logging in to your playerspace account and selecting the season you wish to coach.
Covid-19 Policies in YMCA Youth Sports
Parent and Player Responsibilites
- Check your child’s temperature and Ensure they are healthy before each practice and/or game.
- Notify the YMCA and your coach immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason.
- Adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements. It is required that spectators wear a mask if watching a practice and/or game. Players are required to wear mask before, during and immediately after all practices and/or games.
- Sanitize your child’s equipment after each practice and/or game (cleats, ball, shin guards, etc.)
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every practice and/or game.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after practices and/or games.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water bottle, etc.
- No group celebrations, high 5’s, handshake, etc.
- Bring water bottle to practices and/or games.
- Ensure the health and safety of your players.
- Required to wear a face mask at practice and/or game.
- Ensure your players have their own equipment.
- Coach is the only person to handle cones, disks, etc.
- Use drills that encourage social distancing as much as possible.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you to stay calm, supportive, caring during this time.
- All staff will wear a face mask while working.
- Distribute protocols to participants.
- Have an effective communication plan in place for any player/parent that has developed COVID-19.
- Have an action plan in place, in case of a positive test.
- Train and educate all staff and volunteers on protocols and requirements.
- Sanitize sports equipment, benches, bleachers after each practice and/or game.
- No after game snacks for teams.
- No shaking hands after games.
- Games will be scheduled at least 20 to 30 minutes between.
- Only 1 spectators per family per game.
- Outdoor practices and/or games will follow Social Distancing guidelines
- Coaches and Sports staff will be trained on all YMCA Covid-19 policies and adhere to the policies set in place.
- We will have Zoom Meetings for coaches instead of in-person
We are pleased to announce that The YMCA Of The Greater Tri-Cities has partnered with PLAYERSPACE for electronic communication and league management.
What does this mean for you?
After you register for your sports programs with the YMCA, your Sports Director will be using PLAYERSPACE to:
- Manage rosters
- Create and share game schedules.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process
Stay informed of what is happening at our YMCA and community as well as letting you know of upcoming events.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.