PASCO YMCA FÚTBOL
Then this may be the soccer league for you! For the more experienced and competitive players, the Pasco YMCA offers soccer programs for youth ages 6-14. Divisions U8, U10, U12 & U14. The coaches, the majority of whom speak primarily Spanish, form their own teams. Is your child not on a team? You can still register your child; your child may be placed on a team on a space-available basis. Or you can form your own team!
YMCA Return To Play
The YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities wants to help children get outside and get active though sports and we are excited to be able to bring sports back to our community. While our sports and seasons might look a little different our mission to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all still stands. As we navigate changes and guidelines set by the State, we want you to know we are working hard to ensure that all our participants, families, staff and volunteers stay safe in our programs.
Winter Indoor Soccer
Spring Outdoor Soccer
April 24-June 26
March 15-April 30
Fall Indoor Soccer
September 11-November 20
August 2-September 17
SPRING SOCCER DETAILS
March 15-April 4 | $95
April 5-April 30 | $100* (includes $5 late fee)
Age Divisions | 2021 Soccer Season
|U8||2013 and 2014|
|U10||2011 and 2012|
|U12||2009 and 2010|
|U14||2007 and 2008|
We request that you register online. For help or questions please contact us at 374-1908
Please Note: When registering online you will be required to enter in your coach's first and last name. If you do not have a team, you need to enter "waitlist" in the coach section. Those wait-listed will be contacted if a space becomes available on a team.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and requirements have changed
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a criminal background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to register to coach:
- Go to ymcatricities.playerspace.com
- Click "Volunteer to Coach"
- Read page then click yellow box "Become a Volunteer Coach"
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check*
- Heads Up Concussion Video*
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers*
- Volunteer form specific to the sport and season you are volunteering for
*must be completed every 2 years.
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call us 509-374-1908 to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports and will only need to register to coach each season by logging in to your playerspace account and selecting the season you wish to coach.
Covid-19 Policies in YMCA Youth Sports
Parent and Player Responsibilites
- Check your child’s temperature and Ensure they are healthy before each practice and/or game.
- Notify the YMCA and your coach immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason.
- Adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements. It is required that spectators wear a mask if watching a practice and/or game. Players are required to wear mask before, during and immediately after all practices and/or games.
- Sanitize your child’s equipment after each practice and/or game (cleats, ball, shin guards, etc.)
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every practice and/or game.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after practices and/or games.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water bottle, etc.
- No group celebrations, high 5’s, handshake, etc.
- Bring water bottle to practices and/or games.
- Ensure the health and safety of your players.
- Required to wear a face mask at practice and/or game.
- Ensure your players have their own equipment.
- Coach is the only person to handle cones, disks, etc.
- Use drills that encourage social distancing as much as possible.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you to stay calm, supportive, caring during this time.
- All staff will wear a face mask while working.
- Distribute protocols to participants.
- Have an effective communication plan in place for any player/parent that has developed COVID-19.
- Have an action plan in place, in case of a positive test.
- Train and educate all staff and volunteers on protocols and requirements.
- Sanitize sports equipment, benches, bleachers after each practice and/or game.
- No after game snacks for teams.
- No shaking hands after games.
- Games will be scheduled at least 20 to 30 minutes between.
- Only 1 spectators per family per game.
- Outdoor practices and/or games will follow Social Distancing guidelines
- Coaches and Sports staff will be trained on all YMCA Covid-19 policies and adhere to the policies set in place.
- We will have Zoom Meetings for coaches instead of in-person
We are pleased to announce that The YMCA Of The Greater Tri-Cities has partnered with PLAYERSPACE for electronic communication and league management.
What does this mean for you?
After you register for your sports programs with the YMCA, your Sports Director will be using PLAYERSPACE to:
- Manage rosters
- Create and share game schedules.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process
What is Playerspace? Playerspace is a sports communication portal that the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities Sports program has partnered with to enhance and improve the overall communication for our sports leagues.
What information will I find on Playerspace? You will find all the essential information for your player(s) league(s). You can find game schedules, coach contact information, weather status updates and cancellations for games and practices.
How do I get on to Playerspace? When you register your child for a YMCA sports, you are automatically registered with an account on Playerspace. There is no need to create a new account! You will receive an e-mail with a link to log in. Once logged in you will need to go into your settings and update your password.
What if I am not receiving the information and my ex-spouse is, but we both need the league information? This is very common and very easy to fix! Let your coach know that you need to be invited as a “fan” of the league. Your coach will need your e-mail and phone number and you will receive an e-mail with a link that you will need to click on to be added. From there you are then able to see all of the necessary league information.
What if I am not receiving e-mails from Playerspace? Be sure to check your junk, trash and spam folders for Playerspace. You will need to add email@example.com to your safe sender list. If you still are not receiving e-mails contact your Sports Director at your local YMCA.
What if I did not receive my login credentials? If you need your login credentials because you do not have them, just contact your coach or your Sports Director at your local YMCA to have them re-sent.
Is there a mobile app for Playerspace? Yes there is! The Playerspace mobile app is available in the App Store for iPhones and Google Play Store for Android. It is free and does not use much data. Your login credentials will be the same for online and on the app.
What does this mean for you? Playerspace gives you convenient, 24/7 online access to league information such as schedules, team information, and event specifics. You will receive emails from Playerspace with updates on important sports program information, including access to team roster, schedule changes, and new league registration announcements. You will have convenient access to your private Playerspace email where all league communication can be viewed at any time.
What does this mean you need to do? Add Playerspace to your email service's Safe Sender list. After you have registered for a sports program, you will receive a link to log into your new Playerspace account at www.playerspace.com. Make sure to edit your password and other information as you see necessary.
What information will I be responsible for posting on Playerspace? As a coach, you will be responsible for posting your contact information and practice cancellations. You will also be responsible for communicating with your team via the message center. Game schedules will be posted by your Sports Director.
What if I'm not receiving emails from Playerspace? Be sure to check your junk, trash and spam folders for Playerspace. You will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list. If you are still not receiving emails, please contact your Sports Director at your local YMCA.
Where will I go to use Playerspace as a coach? Just visit your team's site and your click on "Coaches Corner" There are three essential tools that you can click on to utilize Playerspace;
Settings- ability to change you team name once season begins
Rosters- View and download team roster, email parents “fans” and add additional fans to your roster
Messaging-send emails and text to your team.
Stay informed of what is happening at our YMCA and community as well as letting you know of upcoming events.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.