YMCA RETURN TO PLAY
The YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities wants to help children get outside and get active though sports and we are excited to be able to bring sports back to our community. While our sports and seasons might look a little different our mission to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all still stands. As we navigate changes and guidelines set by the State, we want you to know we are working hard to ensure that all our participants, families, staff and volunteers stay safe in our programs.
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION
Ensuring children are safe from abuse and able to learn, grow and thrive is the highest priority of the YMCA. We are committed to creating programs that protect children from abuse, but we are also committed to providing our families and community with information to keep kids safe everywhere. Learn more about here
Reporting Suspected Abuse
Per the State of Washington Phase 3 guidelines:
- Facial coverings must be worn by athletes when training or when not actively competing in a game or match against another team or when on the bench waiting to play. Coaches, trainers, and officials must wear face coverings at all times.
For more details on our Covid-19 Policies for youth sports see below
Special Team Requests
Requests made late are not guaranteed. You may not request a coach and a buddy.
Buddy Request: Your buddy must also request to play with you. You both must also choose the same day, location and division. If the same day, location and division are not chosen, your preferred location will supersede your buddy request. If either registrant registers late, requests may be denied. It is best to register at the same time. If there is more than one buddy requested only the first name listed will be considered for your request.
Coach Request: It is important to know the day, location and division if you are requesting a specific coach. If you do not register for the correct day, location and division as the coach, your preferred location will supersede any requests.
SUMMER BASEBALL DETAILS | JULY 5-AUGUST 20
- 6 games per season
- Volunteer coaches
- Games held weeknights after 6pm
- Games begin the second week of the season
- Focus on fundamentals and new skill development
- Weekly practices will be scheduled at the discretion of the volunteer coach.
Interested In Coaching!
The involvement of the community, parents and family volunteers is greatly appreciated and is an integral part in the success of our youth sports leagues. Become a volunteer coach today!
We request that you register online.
For help or questions please contact us at 374-1908
- Coach Registration: May 3rd until full
- YMCA Member Registration: May 10-June 6
- Community Registration: May 24-June 6
- Late Registration: we will continue to register after community registration with a $5.00 late fee.
Online registration is open for Members and Community Registrants during the listed registration dates. The membership is available for purchase/renewal online. There is a late fee if registering after April 4th and space is not guaranteed.
TINY T-BALL | 3 & 4 yo
must be 3 by the start of the season
- Teams will have a 20 minute practice followed immediately by a 40 minute game.
- There are no additional practices during the week.
T-BALL | 5 & 6 yo
- Teams play a combination of coach pitch and t-ball.
- Teams will have a weekly practice.
- Practice location/day/time will be determined by the volunteer coach.
COACH PITCH | 7-10 yo
- Teams will practice once per week.
- Practice location/day/time will be determined by the volunteer coach
Baseball Resources & Downloads:
*SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE SEASON. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR COACH AND HERE FOR SCHEDULE UPDATES.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and requirements have changed
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a national background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to register to coach:
If you have coached in the past and have completed the requirements in playerspace
- Email email@example.com to be added to the season in playerspace.
- Once you have been added to the season, login to your playerspace account and go to "participation requirments" there you will be able to complete the volunteer form and renew any expired requirements.
If you are new to coaching at the YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities:
- Go To ymcatricities.playerspace.com and select "Volunteer To Coach" and follow the directions to register.
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check
- Heads Up Concussion Video
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers
- Sport specific volunteer form
The Heads up concussion video, abuse risk management and volunteer form can be found by going to participation requirements under you playerspace profile.
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports and will only need to register to coach each season by logging in to your playerspace account and selecting the sport you wish to coach. There may be additional information needed (ie age division, game field etc) for each sport to assure you get assigned to the correct team.
We will no longer be accepting team rosters. If you have players that you want on your team, please be sure to let them know that you have signed up to coach and for which day and age division. When they register during member registration or community registration, it is important that they request you as their coach. Teams are created based on registration dates so it is important that if a player wants to be on your team, they need to register in a timely manner. If a player signs up after the registration deadline they are not guaranteed a spot on your team. The coach request does not guarantee a player will be placed on your team if they register late.
Please follow up with your team to make sure they register in a timely manner.
Covid-19 Policies in YMCA Youth Sports
*SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE SEASON. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR COACH AND PLAYERSPACE FOR SCHEDULE UPDATES.
Parent and Player Responsibilites
- Check your child’s temperature and Ensure they are healthy before each practice and/or game.
- Notify the YMCA and your coach immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason.
- Adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements. It is required that spectators wear a mask if watching a practice and/or game. Players are required to wear mask during practices and while on the sidelines during games.
- Sanitize your child’s equipment after each practice and/or game (cleats, ball, shin guards, etc.)
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every practice and/or game.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after practices and/or games.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water bottle, etc.
- No group celebrations, high 5’s, handshake, etc.
- Bring water bottle to practices and/or games.
- Ensure the health and safety of your players.
- Required to wear a face mask at practice and/or game.
- Ensure your players have their own equipment.
- Coach is the only person to handle cones, disks, etc.
- Use drills that encourage social distancing as much as possible.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you to stay calm, supportive, caring during this time.
- All staff will wear a face mask while working.
- Distribute protocols to participants.
- Have an effective communication plan in place for any player/parent that has developed COVID-19.
- Have an action plan in place, in case of a positive test.
- Train and educate all staff and volunteers on protocols and requirements.
- Sanitize sports equipment, benches, bleachers after each practice and/or game.
- No after game snacks for teams.
- No shaking hands after games.
- Games will be scheduled at least 20 to 30 minutes between.
- Only 1 spectators per family per game.
- Outdoor practices and/or games will follow Social Distancing guidelines
- Coaches and Sports staff will be trained on all YMCA Covid-19 policies and adhere to the policies set in place.
- We will have Zoom Meetings for coaches instead of in-person
We are pleased to announce that The YMCA Of The Greater Tri-Cities has partnered with PLAYERSPACE for electronic communication and league management.
What does this mean for you?
After you register for your sports programs with the YMCA, your Sports Director will be using PLAYERSPACE to:
- Assign players to their teams
- Create and share game schedules and one time events, like picture day
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process
What is Playerspace? Playerspace is a sports communication portal that the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities Sports program has partnered with to enhance and improve the overall communication for our sports leagues.
What information will I find on Playerspace? You will find all the essential information for your player(s) league(s). You can find game schedules, coach contact information, end of season party information and weather status updates and cancellations for games and practices.
How do I get on to Playerspace? When you register your child for a YMCA sports, you automatically are registered with an account on Playerspace. There is no need to create a new account! You will receive an e-mail with a link to log in. Once logged in you will need to go into your settings and update your password.
What if I am not receiving the information and my ex-spouse is, but we both need the league information? This is very common and very easy to fix! Let your coach know that you need to be invited as a “fan” of the league. Your coach will need your e-mail and phone number and you will receive an e-mail with a link that you will need to click on to be added. From there you are then able to see all of the necessary league information.
What if I am not receiving e-mails from Playerspace? Be sure to check your junk, trash and spam folders for Playerspace. You will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list. If you still are not receiving e-mails contact your Sports Director at your local YMCA.
What if I did not receive my login credentials? If you need your login credentials because you do not have them, just contact your coach or your Sports Director at your local YMCA to have them re-sent.
Is there a mobile app for Playerspace? Yes there is! The Playerspace mobile app is available in the App Store for iPhones and Google Play Store for Android. It is free and does not use much data. Your login credentials will be the same for online and on the app.
What does this mean for you? Playerspace gives you convenient, 24/7 online access to league information such as schedules, team information, and event specifics. You will receive emails from Playerspace with updates on important sports program information, including access to team roster, schedule changes, and new league registration announcements. You will have convenient access to your private Playerspace email where all league communication can be viewed at any time.
What does this mean you need to do? Add Playerspace to your email service's Safe Sender list. After you have registered for a sports program, you will receive a link to log into your new Playerspace account at www.playerspace.com. Make sure to edit your password and other information as you see necessary.
What information will I be responsible for posting on Playerspace? As a coach, you will be responsible for posting your contact information and practice cancellations. You will also be responsible for communicating with your team via the message center. Game schedules will be posted by your Sports Director.
How do I get on Playerspace? When you sign up to coach a team, you are automatically registered with a Playerspace account. There is no need to create a new account. You will receive an email with your username and password prior to the start of the season. From there, you can visit www.playerspace.com and click "Sign In" at the top right corner.
What if I'm not receiving emails from Playerspace? Be sure to check your junk, trash and spam folders for Playerspace. You will need to add email@example.com to your safe sender list. If you are still not receiving emails, please contact your Sports Director at your local YMCA.
Where will I go to use Playerspace as a coach? Just visit your team's site and your click on "Coaches Corner" There are three essential tools that you can click on to utilize Playerspace;
Settings- ability to change you team name once season begins
Rosters- View and download team roster, email parents “fans” and add additional fans to your roster
Messaging-send emails and text to your team.