If you're looking for an opportunity for your child to build their baseball skills and learn the importance of sportsmanship and teamwork, the YMCA baseball program is the perfect fit! Our program provides an enjoyable and engaging environment for your children to develop their baseball skills like hitting, throwing, and catching. Our volunteer coaches provide guidance and support to ensure your child gets the most out of their experience. Sign up today and let your child discover the joys of America's favorite game!
The YMCA's youth baseball program is for kids age 3-10. (Must be 3 by the start of the season)
Tiny T-Ball | Ages 3 & 4
Teams will have a 20-minute practice followed immediately by a 40-minute game.
T-Ball | Ages 5-7
Teams play a combination of coach pitch and T-ball.
Teams will practice once per week.
Coach Pitch | Ages 8-10
Teams will practice once per week.
Summer: June 19 - August 4
Youth Baseball Registration
Online registration is open for Y members and community participants during the listed registration dates. During late registration please call or email us about availability.
YMCA Member Registration: May 1-May 21
Community Registration: May 8-May 21
Late Registration: We will continue to register after community registration with a $5.00 late fee. Please contact us for availability.
Coach Registration: April 24 until full
- 6 games per season
- Volunteer coaches
- Games held on weeknights after 6 p.m.
- Games begin the second week of the season
- Focus on fundamentals and new skill development
- Weekly practices will be scheduled at the discretion of the volunteer coach
Resources to Download
We are pleased to announce that The YMCA Of The Greater Tri-Cities has partnered with PlayerSpace for electronic communication and league management.
After you register for your sports programs with the YMCA, your Sports Director will be using PlayerSpace to:
- Assign players to their teams
- Create and share game schedules and one-time events, like picture day
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process
PlayerSpace FAQs For Parents
PlayerSpace FAQs For Coaches
Volunteer to Coach
Please Read Thoroughly
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and Requirement
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a national background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to Register to Coach
If you have coached in the past and have completed the requirements in PlayerSpace
- Email email@example.com to be added to the season in playerspace. Please indicate your first and last name and the sport you are wanting to volunteer for in your email.
- Once you have been added to the season, log in to your PlayerSpace account and go to "participation requirements." There you will be able to complete the volunteer form and renew any expired requirements.
If you are new to coaching at the YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities:
- Continue reading and then click on the "BECOME A YMCA COACH" button below.
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check
- Heads Up Concussion Video
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers
- Sport-specific volunteer form (the sport you select in your background application will indicate which volunteer form is needed. Be sure to select the correct sport and season)
The Heads up concussion video, abuse risk management, and volunteer form can be found by going to participation requirements under your PlayerSpace profile.
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports. If you are continuing to coach multiple sports, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the season in PlayerSpace. Once you have been added to the season, login to your PlayerSpace account and go to "participation requirements." There you will be able to complete the volunteer form specific to the sport you are coaching and renew any expired requirements.
Child Abuse Prevention
Ensuring children are safe from abuse and able to learn, grow and thrive is the highest priority of the YMCA. We are committed to creating programs that protect children from abuse, but we are also committed to providing our families and community with information to keep kids safe everywhere.
Reporting Suspected Abuse
Call Washington State's toll-free, 24-hour, 7-day-a-week hotline that will connect you directly to the appropriate local office to report suspected child abuse or neglect.