YMCA OF THE GREATER TRI-CITIES
Serving Richland, Pasco, Kennewick, and West Richland
Volunteer Coaches Needed! Do you love sports? Do you enjoy teaching kids how to play and work together? Or maybe you have always wanted to coach, but were a little nervous to get out there and run a practice? Well, Youth Sports is the place for you to begin your coaching career!
Our Youth Sports Programs need volunteer coaches in order to make the program a success.
We offer sports to meet the schedule of the busy family. We have sports that meet only on the weekends and other sports that meet twice a week for a practice and a game.
What do we ask of you? The answer is simple:
We ask that you attend one coaches’ meeting prior to the season beginning and volunteer your time during the seven-week season.
The youth in our community need strong role models and leaders to help teach them the fundamentals of sports while incorporating the four Core Values of the YMCA (Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility).
What better way to make a difference in a child’s life than to teach them teamwork in a fun, non-competitive environment?
For more information on volunteer coaching, or to get your name on the coaching list, please contact our office at 374-1908 or email Megan our Youth Sports Director.
All coaches are asked to complete YMCA Online Coaches Training before coaching with us. All coaches must complete the Heads Up Online Training Course and each of the training modules listed below.
Follow the link to start the training modules.
Once you have finished the training you can print them and bring to the YMCA office along with your registration or email them to our Sports Director, Megan Weimar
- YMCA Youth Sports Programs
- Volunteers Make the Team
- Safety and Emergency Action
- Coaching YMCA Youth Sports
- Coaching YMCA (sport)
Contact For More Information
Youth Sports Director
How to Register as a coach and sign up a Team:
What you’ll need with you to register
- Completed Volunteer Form and a copy of your Driver’s license.
- Certificates of Completion of the YMCA online training.
- Team Roster: As a coach you may pre-register you and your team at the YMCA office or online during team registrations. There are 3 ways you can submit a roster:
- Collect all signed participant registrations and checks (made payable to YMCA) and turn to the Y office.
- Submit a roster with participants’ names. We will hold those spots for 1 week from the time your roster is submitted. Once your roster has been submitted, parents may come in and register. They do not have to wait for our member and community registration times. The YMCA will hold a spot for each name given on your roster. These players will not be added to your final roster until they have registered. The YMCA will fill any available spots after 1 week of roster submission.
- Tell parents you are coaching and to request you as a coach. Spots are not guaranteed.
The Y will do its best to communicate with you in regards to your roster, but please follow up with your team to make sure they register in a timely manner.
If you miss team registration you may still register, however roster requests may not be honored.
We cannot guarantee space if rosters are turned in after team registration and will only hold spots for 1 week after a late roster has been submitted.
If you do not have a full roster the YMCA has the right to fill it with other participants until your team is full.
Registration forms are available at www.ymcatricities.org or the YMCA offices.
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT®
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
1234 Columbia Park Trail
741 S. Dayton Street
205 S. Wehe