If you have children ages 4-10, the YMCA is a great place to enroll them in a flag football program. Through this program, they will get the chance to learn basic footwork, ball-handling techniques, and fundamental football skills in a safe environment. It's a great way for kids to have fun, stay active, and develop their football skills without the risk of heavy contact.
The YMCA's youth flag football program is for kids ages 4-10. (Must be 4 by the start of the season)
Peewee Flag Football | Ages 4 & 5
Teams will have a 20-minute practice followed by a 40-minute game each Saturday.
Teams may have an optional weekly practice.
Flag Football | Ages 6-10
Teams will practice once per week.
Games are held on Saturdays.
2024 Season Dates
Fall: August 24 - October 12
Youth Flag Football Registration
Online registration is open for Y members and community participants during the listed registration dates. During late registration please call or email us about availability.
Coach Registration: July 1 until full
YMCA Member Registration: July 8-28
Community Registration: July 15-28
Late Registration: We will continue to register after community registration with a $5.00 late fee. Please contact us for availability.
- Days: Games held on Saturdays after 9:00am.
- Games: Games begin the second Saturday of the season. Game times will be offset from soccer to allow participation in both sports.
- Practices: Weekly practices will be scheduled at the discretion of the volunteer coach.
- Individual team schedules and picture schedules can be located by logging into your
Resources to Download
We are pleased to announce that The YMCA Of The Greater Tri-Cities has partnered with PlayerSpace for electronic communication and league management.
After you register for your sports programs with the YMCA, your Sports Director will be using PlayerSpace to:
- Assign players to their teams
- Create and share game schedules and one-time events, like picture day
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process
PlayerSpace FAQs For Parents
PlayerSpace FAQs For Coaches
Volunteer to Coach
Please Read Thoroughly
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and Requirement
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a national background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to Register to Coach
If you have coached in the past and have completed the requirements in PlayerSpace
- Email email@example.com to be added to the season in playerspace. Please indicate your first and last name and the sport you are wanting to volunteer for in your email.
- Once you have been added to the season, log in to your PlayerSpace account and go to "participation requirements." There you will be able to complete the volunteer form and renew any expired requirements.
If you are new to coaching at the YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities:
- Continue reading and then click on the "BECOME A YMCA COACH" button below.
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check
- Heads Up Concussion Video
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers
- Sport-specific volunteer form (the sport you select in your background application will indicate which volunteer form is needed. Be sure to select the correct sport and season)
The Heads up concussion video, abuse risk management, and volunteer form can be found by going to participation requirements under your PlayerSpace profile.
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports. If you are continuing to coach multiple sports, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the season in PlayerSpace. Once you have been added to the season, login to your PlayerSpace account and go to "participation requirements." There you will be able to complete the volunteer form specific to the sport you are coaching and renew any expired requirements.
Child Abuse Prevention
Ensuring children are safe from abuse and able to learn, grow and thrive is the highest priority of the YMCA. We are committed to creating programs that protect children from abuse, but we are also committed to providing our families and community with information to keep kids safe everywhere.
Reporting Suspected Abuse
Call Washington State's toll-free, 24-hour, 7-day-a-week hotline that will connect you directly to the appropriate local office to report suspected child abuse or neglect.