YMCA RETURN TO PLAY
The YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities wants to help children get outside and get active though sports and we are excited to be able to bring sports back to our community. While our sports and seasons might look a little different our mission to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all still stands. As we navigate changes and guidelines set by the State, we want you to know we are working hard to ensure that all our participants, families, staff and volunteers stay safe in our programs.
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION
Ensuring children are safe from abuse and able to learn, grow and thrive is the highest priority of the YMCA. We are committed to creating programs that protect children from abuse, but we are also committed to providing our families and community with information to keep kids safe everywhere. Learn more about here
Reporting Suspected Abuse
Per the State of Washington Guidelines:
- Players and Coaches: While actively playing or training for or coaching, indoor sports in a K-12, recreational setting masks are not required to be worn. This exception does not apply while the athlete or coach is not actively engaged in the sporting or coaching activity.
- Spectators: While in the Y facilities, all spectators and YMCA staff are required to wear a mask.
After Registration closes, teams will be formed based on coach availability. Players will be assigned to a team with a coach based on their registration date, coach availability and team requests. If there are not enough coaches to place players on teams, you will be notified prior to the season.
Special Team Requests
Requests made late are not guaranteed. You may not request a coach and a buddy.
Buddy Request: Your buddy must also request to play with you. You both must also choose the same day, location and division. If the same day, location and division are not chosen, your preferred location will supersede your buddy request. If either registrant registers late, requests may be denied. It is best to register at the same time. If there is more than one buddy requested only the first name listed will be considered for your request.
Coach Request: It is important to know the day, location and division if you are requesting a specific coach. If you do not register for the correct day, location and division as the coach, your preferred location will supersede any requests.
INDOOR SOCCER DETAILS | JANUARY 15-FEBRUARY 26, 2022
- Games held on Saturdays. Game times vary.
- Games begin the third Saturday of the season
- Volunteer Coaches
- Focuses on fundamentals and new skill development
- Our Indoor Soccer season is a Saturday only sport. Except for the first 2 Saturday practices of the season, the players learn the sport of soccer through playing games each Saturday. We do not offer gym time for practices.
- 3-4 yo
- 5-7 yo
- 8-10 yo
Playing up an age division
To play up an age division it must be approved by the Sports Director. Please call 509-374-1908 before registering to play up in an age division or your registration may be invalid.
We request that you register online during the member and community registration dates. For help or questions please contact us at 374-1908
- Coach Registration: November 22 until full
- YMCA Member Registration: November 29-December 26
- Community Registration: December 6- 26
- Late Registration: we will continue to register after community registration with a $5.00 late fee. Please call our office at 509-374-1908 or email us about availability.
Online registration is open for members and community registrants during the listed registration dates. During late registration please call or email us about availability. The membership is available for purchase/renewal online. There is a late fee if registering after December 26 and space is not guaranteed.
Interested In Coaching!
Resources & Downloads:
*SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE SEASON. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR COACH AND HERE FOR SCHEDULE UPDATES.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Volunteer Coach Sign-ups and requirements have changed
The safety of our volunteer coaches, participants and families is our top priority and that is why we are updating the volunteer coach application to include a national background check and child abuse prevention training. Please see below the steps you need to take to be eligible to coach.
How to register to coach:
If you have coached in the past and have completed the requirements in playerspace
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the season in playerspace.
- Once you have been added to the season, login to your playerspace account and go to "participation requirments" there you will be able to complete the volunteer form and renew any expired requirements.
If you are new to coaching at the YMCA of The Greater Tri-Cities:
- Go To ymcatricities.playerspace.com and select "Volunteer To Coach" and follow the directions to register.
- Select the sport you wish to volunteer for and complete the following.
- Criminal Background Check
- Heads Up Concussion Video
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers
- Sport specific volunteer form
The Heads up concussion video, abuse risk management and volunteer form can be found by going to participation requirements under you playerspace profile.
- The volunteer requirements must be completed within 2 weeks of registering as a volunteer. You will not be assigned to a team until they are completed.
- If you need help or access to a computer, the YMCA can help. Please call to set up a time to come in to complete the volunteer requirements.
- Once you have completed the above tasks and your background check has been approved, you are eligible for 2 years to coach YMCA youth sports and will only need to register to coach each season by logging in to your playerspace account and selecting the sport you wish to coach. There may be additional information needed (ie age division, game field etc) for each sport to assure you get assigned to the correct team.
We will no longer be accepting team rosters. If you have players that you want on your team, please be sure to let them know that you have signed up to coach and for which day and age division. When they register during member registration or community registration, it is important that they request you as their coach. Teams are created based on registration dates so it is important that if a player wants to be on your team, they need to register in a timely manner. If a player signs up after the registration deadline they are not guaranteed a spot on your team. The coach request does not guarantee a player will be placed on your team if they register late.
Please follow up with your team to make sure they register in a timely manner.
We are pleased to announce that The YMCA Of The Greater Tri-Cities has partnered with PLAYERSPACE for electronic communication and league management.
What does this mean for you?
After you register for your sports programs with the YMCA, your Sports Director will be using PLAYERSPACE to:
- Assign players to their teams
- Create and share game schedules and one time events, like picture day
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process
What is Playerspace? Playerspace is a sports communication portal that the YMCA of the Greater Tri-Cities Sports program has partnered with to enhance and improve the overall communication for our sports leagues.
What information will I find on Playerspace? You will find all the essential information for your player(s) league(s). You can find game schedules, coach contact information, end of season party information and weather status updates and cancellations for games and practices.
How do I get on to Playerspace? When you register your child for a YMCA sports, you automatically are registered with an account on Playerspace. There is no need to create a new account! You will receive an e-mail with a link to log in. Once logged in you will need to go into your settings and update your password.
What if I am not receiving the information and my ex-spouse is, but we both need the league information? This is very common and very easy to fix! Let your coach know that you need to be invited as a “fan” of the league. Your coach will need your e-mail and phone number and you will receive an e-mail with a link that you will need to click on to be added. From there you are then able to see all of the necessary league information.
What if I am not receiving e-mails from Playerspace? Be sure to check your junk, trash and spam folders for Playerspace. You will need to add email@example.com to your safe sender list. If you still are not receiving e-mails contact your Sports Director at your local YMCA.
What if I did not receive my login credentials? If you need your login credentials because you do not have them, just contact your coach or your Sports Director at your local YMCA to have them re-sent.
Is there a mobile app for Playerspace? Yes there is! The Playerspace mobile app is available in the App Store for iPhones and Google Play Store for Android. It is free and does not use much data. Your login credentials will be the same for online and on the app.
What does this mean for you? Playerspace gives you convenient, 24/7 online access to league information such as schedules, team information, and event specifics. You will receive emails from Playerspace with updates on important sports program information, including access to team roster, schedule changes, and new league registration announcements. You will have convenient access to your private Playerspace email where all league communication can be viewed at any time.
What does this mean you need to do? Add Playerspace to your email service's Safe Sender list. After you have registered for a sports program, you will receive a link to log into your new Playerspace account at www.playerspace.com. Make sure to edit your password and other information as you see necessary.
What information will I be responsible for posting on Playerspace? As a coach, you will be responsible for posting your contact information and practice cancellations. You will also be responsible for communicating with your team via the message center. Game schedules will be posted by your Sports Director.
How do I get on Playerspace? When you sign up to coach a team, you are automatically registered with a Playerspace account. There is no need to create a new account. You will receive an email with your username and password prior to the start of the season. From there, you can visit www.playerspace.com and click "Sign In" at the top right corner.
What if I'm not receiving emails from Playerspace? Be sure to check your junk, trash and spam folders for Playerspace. You will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list. If you are still not receiving emails, please contact your Sports Director at your local YMCA.
Where will I go to use Playerspace as a coach? Just visit your team's site and your click on "Coaches Corner" There are three essential tools that you can click on to utilize Playerspace;
Settings- ability to change you team name once season begins
Rosters- View and download team roster, email parents “fans” and add additional fans to your roster
Messaging-send emails and text to your team.
Stay informed of what is happening at our YMCA and community as well as letting you know of upcoming events.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.